Jasmin Akther jasy is a culinary artist who lives in Chittagong. She was a participant of Shera Rondhonshilpi 2018 in which she achieved 7th spot
Chicken Mango Korma
- 2 onions, 1 quartered, 1 chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 50g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp korma curry powder
- low calorie cooking oil spray
- chicken 500gm
- chicken stock
- 200g peeled and stoned mango, cubed
- 1/4 tsp sweetener
- 150g fat-free yogurt
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Boiled basmati rice and lime wedges to serve
- Put the quartered onion, garlic, ginger and curry powder in a food processor and blitz to a paste. Spray a large frying pan with spray oil and fry the chopped onion until soft. Add the paste and cook for 2-3 mins until bubbling and fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken, stock, mango and sweetener then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt and coriander. Serve hot with plain rice and pulao.
- Mango half cup
- Apple half cup
- Banana half cup
- Grapes half cup
- Orange kawa four or five
- A table spoon to bring
- Papaya half cup
- A tablespoon of raisins
- A cup of cubs
- One tablespoon of nut powder
- Honey two table spoons
- Pepper powder semi-teaspoon
- Talk yogurt half cup
- Bitsalt is delicious.
- Cut all the above materials into pieces
- By mixing them together, refrigerate
- Keep it Serve cold cold
- Fun Fresh Fruit Salad
- Basmati rice 1 1/2 cup
- Ripe mangoes 2 medium
- Almonds roughly chopped6 – 8
- Cashewnuts roughly chopped8 – 10
- Mango puree 1/2 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Ghee 3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon 1 inch stick
- Green cardamoms 2
- Cloves 2-3
- Soak rice in three cups of water for fifteen to twenty minutes. Drain and set aside. Peel, destone and cut flesh of mango into half inch sized cubes. Combine mango puree, milk and sugar along with one cup of water and stir till sugar dissolves.
- Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan, add cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and sauté for a minute or till it emits a nice aroma. Drain and add the rice and sauté for a minute. Add the mango puree and milk mixture and bring to a boil.
- Cover and allow to simmer on low heat till rice is half done. Add the chopped mango pieces and chopped nuts, stir, cover and cook on low heat for another ten to fifteen minutes or till rice is done. Serve hot.
- 1 tin condensed milk (14 ounce)
- 2 cup milk powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3-4 strands of saffron
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- Almond/pistachios to garnish
- 1 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
- Soak the saffron in the milk.
- Heat a saucepan and add ghee into it.
- Pour the condensed milk into the saucepan and to it add the milk powder and the cardamom powder and start boiling it in medium to low heat.
- Keep stirring until the mixture starts thickening and starts forming like dough.
- Add the saffron milk to this dough and mix it and stop cooking it.
- Grease your palms and make small balls of this dough.
- Place the ball in your palm and press with your thumb making a small dent in it and form it into the shape of peda.
- Garnish with chopped/whole almonds/pistachios.
- FMF Semolina : 1 Cup
- Sugar (Finely Grinded) : ¾ Cup
- Ghee : ¾ Cup
- Milk powder : 1 Cup
- Crushed Cardamom Seeds : 1 Teaspoon
- Nutmeg Powder : 1 Teaspoon
1) Fry Semolina on low heat without ghee till golden brown.
2) Let it cool and grind finely.
3) Mix grinded Sugar, Milk Powder, crushed Cardamom Seeds and Nutmeg Powder to the grinded Semolina.
4) Heat ghee and mix to the mixture.
5) While the mixture is still warm, form round balls from the mixture.
Tip: Take 1-2 tablespoon of the mix with ½-1 tablespoon of warm ghee at a time and bind each ladoo.
6) Leave round balls to dry before serving
- Beef – 2 kg
- Mustard oil – 1/2 cup
- Plain yogurt – 3 tablespoon
- Onion – 2 tablespoon
- Chopped Onion golden fried – 1/2 cup
- Onion cube – 1/2 cup
- Dark Soy sauce – 1/4 cup
- Whole Garam Masala:
- Green Cardamon – 4
- Cinnamon stick – 2
- Cloves – 4
- Bay leaves – 2 pieces
- Green Chili – 4-5
- Ginger paste – 2 tbsp
- Peanut paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Paste – 1 tsp
White pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon or adjust Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Nutmeg-mace powder – 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
Garam masla powder – 1/2 tsp
- At first marinate the beef with say sauce red chilies powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, plain yogurt, white pepper, peanut paste and nutmeg-mace powder. Keep aside for one hour.
- After one hour heat half of oil a pan, add half of whole cardamon, cinnamon and bay leaves.
- Then add chopped onion and fry a little. Place the marinated beef, salt and add two cups of water.
- Cook on medium high heat for 30 minutes or until soft and tender. Once cooked then keep stirring until all water dries up.
- Tempering: Heat oil in a large another fry pan, add remaining oil, cinnamon-cardamon, bay leaves and fry a little.
- Add cooked beef and stirring continuously.
- Next add roasted cumin powder and garam maasla powder.
- Then add green chilies, cubed onion and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off flame and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with fried onion.
Potato with chicken cheeses ball
- Potato 1 kg (mashed)
- 1 cup of chicken (cooked minced)
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of ginger grated ginger
- Dry dried 1 teaspoon / test
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- Coriander leaves are 2 tablespoons or choice Mint leaves
- 1 tsp of curry leaves
- Egg three Make
- Onion1 cup chopped
- Cheese 1cup chopped
- Cornflower 1 tbsp
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Take 1/2 cup minced juice
- Like the taste of salt Oil for frying
First, mix the potatoes thoroughly and mash them and mix them all well with the potatoes without the eggs. Mix it properly. Then put a little oil in the hand and make a ball from the pot of the dough and make the ball with the cheese of the spoon and make the ball with the dime and then after dipping it into breadcrumbs (1 hour) refrigerate and cool down on the soya oil and make a very good taste of potato with chicken cheeses.
Black Forest Trifle
- 4 pieces of brownies
- 1 cup crushed vanilla cookies
- 1 can of cherry (available at any Super Store)
- 1 sachet of Foster Clark’s Whipped Cream
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips for garnishing
- In a bowl, beat the ingredients of whipped cream according to the package’s instructions, with two tablespoons of sugar and vanilla extract, until stiff peaks form.
- Drain the cherries from the can. Stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar into the liquid.
- Take the brownies and cut them into small bite-sized pieces.
- Place brownie pieces (about 1 piece) in the bottom of each trifle glass. Next, place a spoonful of the cherries, on top of the brownies. Top with crushed cookies. Place a large spoonful of whipped cream on top of the cookies.
- Repeat the layers, starting with the brownies. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours to allow the flavours to mingle.
- Serve each trifle with chocolate sprinkles or chips and top with a cherry.
- Serve them in tall, clear glass bowls with nice spoons.