Nazia Farhana, a culinary instructor at Shwapno super shop (ACI) and 2nd runner up Shera Radhuni 1424. Cooking is my passion, now it become my profession also. I love to cook for my family, friends and well wishers. They are my biggest food critics.
- 4 cups chopped vegetables (peas, green beans, green bell pepper, carrots, broccoli) 2 cups potato, chopped into 1 inch cubes curry 2 tablespoons ghee
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 onions,
- roughly chopped 4 cloves garlic,
- roughly chopped 2 inch ginger,
- roughly chopped 1-2 thai bird chilies (or 1 serrano pepper)
- 1 large tomato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder (or ½ teaspoon paprika and pinch of cayenne)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 ½ cup water
1 tablespoon ghee
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup cashews
½ cup (unsweetened) coconut cream, from the top of a can of refrigerated full-fat coconut milk pinch of dried fenugreek leaves
Optional: chopped cashews and cilantro for garnish Instructions
- Bring water to a boil then add the chopped potatoes.
- Cover with a lid for 5 minutes, and then add the rest of the vegetables. Put the lid back on and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain the veggies in a colander and set aside for now.
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a medium pot (I use a Dutch Oven) over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and once they turn brown, and then add the onions.
- Stir-fry until onions are soft. Then add garlic, ginger, thai bird chili, tomato and spices. Stir-fry for a minute, and then add the cashews.
- Stir-fry for 8-10 minutes. Let this cool and then pour into a blender along with 1 ½ cups of water. Puree until smooth. Pour the blended curry back into the pot over low heat, then add the cooked vegetables.
In a small pan on medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee, golden raisins and cashews. Stir-fry for a minute, and then add this to the pot with the curry. Add coconut cream and kasoori methi to the pot. Cook for a few minutes on medium heat, garnish with chopped cashews and cilantro if desired then serve.
Vegetable with Baby Coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ají amarillo paste (or any other chili pepper)
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 sweet potato (or yam), peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 cup string beans
- 1cup broccoli
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons shaved almonds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Sautee the onion and garlic, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the chili paste, ginger and curry powder; stir for 30 seconds and add the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper, and stir.
- Add the coconut milk, bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes or less, depending on how cooked you want your vegetables to be.
- Turn the heat off and sprinkle with almonds and cilantro.
- Serve with brown rice on the side if desired.