- Egg 6 pcs 300 gm
- Caster Sugar 150 gm
- Vanilla essence 1 tspn
- Flour 120 gm
- Cornflour 30 gm
- Red food colour 2-3 tspn (liquid)
- At first melt the sugar in the egg in a bowl on a hot water vapour.
- Then with an electric bitter bit the mixture until it picks the foam. Add the vanilla essence now.
- Add the flour and the cornflour and mix it very gently with a ladle.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- In a cake mould, brush it with oil and cover it with the cake paper.
- Now, pour the mixture into it and bake it at 180 degree Celsius for 30-35 minutes.
- Water 150 ml
- Sugar 50 gm
- Water 50 ml
- Cornflour 15 gm
- Egg 1/2 piece
- Milk powder 50 gm
- Butter 15 gm
- Vanilla essence few drops
- Heat the water and the sugar in a pan on a stove
- In another bowl mix all of the above except the butter and the vanilla essence
- Now put the mixture into the pan and keep on stirring to avoid the lumps.
- When it thickens up, remove it from the stove and add the vanilla essence and the butter.
- Mix it well and put it aside.
Butter Cream :
Butter 200 gm
Icing sugar 100 gm
Cold water 4/5 tbsp or 1-2 ice cube
- Bit the butter and the icing sugar until it changes its colour into white and peaks the thick foam.
- While bitting keep on adding the cold water gradually so that it helps to melt the sugar.
- After it all melts the process is done and put it aside.
Sugar+water mixture (2 tbsp Sugar+5-6 tbspn water)
- Cut the sponge cake into two layers
- Sugar brush it with a brush
- Now mix the pastry cream and butter creams (50/50) equally and keep the rest of the butter cream aside
- Using a cake laddle, cover all the surroundings of the cake with the butter and pastry cream mixture well.
- Now let it set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring it out again and layer it with butter cream and refrigerate it for another 30 minutes.
- By this time, flatten and make the designs of your wish to cover and decorate it well
- Now bring out the cake and decorate it accordingly and ready to be served!
Enjoy the Valentine’s Red Velvet cake !